Master Level Fellowships 2014-2015
Every year CIMI (Centre International de Mathématiques et d’Informatique) in Toulouse provides a number of fellowships for students enrolled in a Master course in Mathematics or Computer Science in one of the programs associated with CIMI.
4 fellowships for students starting on the first year of a Master’s degree M1 and 10 fellowships for those starting on the second year of a Master’s degree M2 will be available.
The level of funding will be competitive and sufficient to cover tuition fees and part of living expenses in Toulouse :
600€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the first year M1
1 000€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the second year M2.
Those fellowships are open, on a competitive basis, to French and foreign students and awarded on the basis of the quality of the academic records.
First year (M1) applicants: Applicants must have obtained a degree corresponding to the European Bachelor’s degree.
Second year (M2) applicants : Applicants must have successfully completed the first year of a European Master’s degree, or an American Bachelor’s degree, or any equivalent level.
The CIMI LabEx applies an equal opportunity policy in selection.
Selection process :
Fellowships applications will be examined by the LabEx CIMI Executive Committee and awarded on the basis of the quality of the academic records.
Application process :
In order to apply all requested documents must be sent in a single Pdf. file to : email@example.com
REQUESTED DOCUMENTS :
1. Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
2. Details of the grades obtained at University from the 1st year to present
3. Details of the courses attended in the year 2013-2014
4. Two recommendation letters (one from the head of the current year syllabus)
5. Applicant’s motivation letter
6. Information about current level of French language skills (only applies to foreign students from non French speaking countries applying for a M1 fellowship)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS :
Campus France Application :
Students from the following countries applying for CIMI fellowships MUST create an application file on Campus France website before March 31st, 2014 and follow the CEF procedure in order to be able to study in a French university : http://www.campusfrance.org/en/page…
List of countries: Algeria ,Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon Chile, China, Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Guinea, India, Ivory Coast, Japan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mexico, Peru, Senegal, Russia, South Korea, Syria, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, USA, Vietnam.
French Language skills :
Applicants for a M1 fellowship must have some knowledge of French language at least equivalent to the B1 level as defined by the Common European Frame for French Language: http://ll.univ-poitiers.fr/aloesfra…
Selected applicants will also be requested to follow an intensive French language course (about 30 hours) upon arrival in France.
In order for your application to be considered, all requested documents must be sent in a single Pdf. file by January 15th, 2014 at the latest.
The selected applicants will be contacted from January 30th, 2014.
For any further information please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SYLLABUS INFORMATION :
• Syllabus Master 1 Maths : http://www.math.univ-toulouse.fr/m1…
• Syllabus Master 2 Research (M2R) Maths : http://www.math.univ-toulouse.fr/M2…
• Syllabus Master 2 pro IMAT Maths : http://www.math.univ-toulouse.fr/M2…
• Syllabus Master in Computer Science : http://www.dept-info.ups-tlse.fr/