Scholarship / Financial aid: two scholarships offered
Date: 9 months (3 trimesters)
Deadline: July 15, 2011
Open to: graduates in economics, junior scientists, aspiring PhD students
Skills acquired in this master program
* Measure research results: expected output in a project and scientific impact
* Assess the economic viability of research projects through cost-benefit analysis
* Identify new business opportunities for R&D
* Understand the patent system, advantages and disadvantages
Who will benefit from this program?
* Graduates in economics, business administration, engineering, life sciences
* Junior scientists with a professional orientation in science management
* Aspiring PhD students looking for a solid master program in economics of science and innovation
Who hires graduates of this program?
* Technological research centers
* R&D departments in companies
* Public institutions
* Innovation consulting firms
Program details and structure
Language of instruction: English
Structure: 9 months (3 trimesters), full time
Campus: Bellaterra (UAB)
Degree awarded: Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis (awarded jointly with UPF and UAB)
In addition to the scholarships available for all Barcelona GSE master programs, there are two scholarship agreements specificially for students in the Economics of Science and Innovation (MESI) Program.
Internship-Scholarship Program: Catalan Foundation for Research and Innovation
Number of scholarships: 1
Eligibility: All MESI students
Award amount: 15,000 € (full tuition plus paid internship)
Details: This unique scholarship combines full tuition coverage for the master program with a paid 6-month internship at the Catalan Foundation for Research and Innovation (FCRI). The internship is to take place from January through June of the master year on a part-time basis and full-time in July after graduation. All MESI applicants will be automatically considered for this award.