VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from developing countries so that they can follow a master’s or training programme in Belgium. These scholarships cover all related expenses. Every year, VLIR-UOS awards up to 180 scholarships to first-year master’s students and 70 scholarships to training participants.
All programmes are specifically designed for people in positions of responsibility in civil society (e.g. universities, schools, NGOs, local communities, governments).
The target group for master’s programmes comprises students from developing countries, although those from other countries are also welcome. Training programmes are tailored to people from developing countries with a certain degree of professional experience.
Although these programmes are primarily oriented towards students and professionals from developing countries, they are also open to other people. This website includes all the information you need to apply for a place on a given programme as a self-supporting student or a scholar. It also includes information on course content and application requirements.
VLIR-UOS sincerely hopes that the exchange during your study in Flanders results in partnerships and improved understanding across frontiers, and that the knowledge you acquire will be invested and disseminated in the framework of long-term initiatives in your country of origin.
We look forward to welcoming you to Flanders, Belgium!
The VLIR-UOS Scholarship Team
- International Training Programmes 2010
- International Master Programmes 2010-2011
- Beekeeping for Poverty Alleviation
- Governing for Development: Evolving Opportunities and Challenges for Development Actors under the Paris Declaration
- International Training Programme in Dairy Technology, from Rural to Industrial Level
- Political Economy of the Great Lakes: Towards inclusive Development
- Scientific and Technological Information Management in Universities and Libraries: an Active Training Environment 10 (Stimulate 10)
- Technology for Integrated Water Management
- Master of Development Evaluation and Management
- Master of Globalisation and Development
- Master of Governance and Development
- Master of Human Settlements
- International Master Programmes 2010-2012
- Master of Aquaculture
- Master of Biostatistics
- Master of Ecological Marine Management (ECOMAMA)
- Master of Environmental Sanitation
- Master of Food Technology
- Master of Molecular Biology (IPMB)
- Master of Nematology
- Master of Nutrition and Rural Development,Main Subject: Human Nutrition
- Master of Physical Land Resources
- Master of Water Resources Engineering