Master of Science level
Call for applications for the 2010/2011 academic year
The Politecnico di Torino offers Vietnamese students the possibility to receive a scholarship and other benefits to graduate from the Politecnico di Torino attending a Master of Science program in Engineering.
The initiative is promoted by the Politecnico di Torino and the Compagnia di San Paolo.
General information on the Master of Science programs
Language in which the courses are held: English
Length: 2 years
The activities will begin in September 2010.
In order to be admitted into a Master of Science program, applicants must possess a university degree equivalent to a Bachelor of Science degree, which is approximately equivalent to three or four years after secondary school, depending on the number of secondary school years; alternatively, they must have completed at least 8 semesters of university courses, in a national school system that requires 11 or 12 years of study before enrolling in university.
For further information, please visit the Entry requirements page.
Application is open to students who:
- are Vietnamese citizens;
- are not already enrolled in a Master of Science program of the Politecnico di Torino before the 2010/2011 academic year;
- are not recipients of any other scholarships, Italian or foreign.
Obtaining a degree at the Politecnico di Torino
To graduate at the Politecnico di Torino, students must attain a total of 120 credits, including exams and the final dissertation. A plan of studies must be outlined under the guidance of the student’s academic tutor to identify, in relation to the student’s previous academic career, the courses additionally required to complete the program of studies for the Master of Science in which the student is enrolled at the Politecnico di Torino. The time required to graduate is approximately two years. However, the effective duration is also dependent upon each student’s capacity. Note also that the time required for the compulsory Italian course is not considered in the estimated duration of the program.
Please note that scholarship recipients must attend their course for its entire length (2 years – 120 credits). Students who have already attended other university courses can ask for a credit transfer up to a maximum of 10 credits per year (20 credits in total). Please note that credits achieved in preparatory courses or in the first year/second year in systems where preuniversity education lasts 10/11 years can not be taken into account.
Applicants will be selected based on their previous academic career and on their Curriculum Vitae.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the scholarship is 6.000 Euro per year for the complete period. The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student, which can be verified only upon the arrival of the student.
- The amount of the scholarship will not be increased in case the student will need more time to graduate than indicated.
- The allocation of the scholarship is dependent upon the submission, within 10 days from the arrival in Italy of the student, of the original documentation, which must correspond with the documentation attached to the online form (see the “Selection outcomes” section below).
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (enrollment certification, residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient), all obtainable upon arrival in Italy; for this reason, the first instalment is not paid at the moment of arrival at the Politecnico di Torino, but in the course of the following months.
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned another study grant while receiving the Politecnico di Torino scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level.