IPSWaT is financed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
The program is designed only for graduate students who:
* are interested in the master’s degree course in “Environmental Engineering” and get accepted by TUHH for this master’s degree course,
* have a background and/or special interest in the water or wastewater sector, which they want to extend,
* have good English skills (minimum TOEFL score for admission: 550 (paper-based) / 213 (computer-based) / 79 (internet-based) or minimum IELTS score of 6.5 respectively)
* did not start their studies at TUHH yet.
The benefits of the scholarship
* monthly stipend: € 750
* monthly book and travel allowance: € 45
* intensive German language course prior to Master’s program
* travel allowance from and to home country
* health/liability/accident insurance
* tuition fee of the first semester
* duration: 24 months as well as the time of the language course in the beginning (approx. 6 weeks)
A full set of the following documents are necessary for the scholarship application:
* Completely filled application form (write to: firstname.lastname@example.org ),
* Curriculum vitae (CV),
* Letter of motivation,
* 2 letters of recommendation,
* Copies of all necessary documents (diplomas/certificates),
* Description of participation in bilateral cooperation,
* Certificate regarding English skills.
Besides, you have to apply for admission to the master’s degree course “Environmental Engineering” at TUHH at the same time.
Important to keep in mind
* February 28th, 2010: closing date for applications from students wishing to start September 2009. The application has to reach TUHH until this date. Later applications cannot be considered.
* Applications for the IPSWaT scholarship have to be submitted together with the application for admission to the master’s degree course in ”Environmental Engineering” and send together to “International Academic Programs”.
* Applications for this scholarship program are only possible via TUHH. Direct applications to BMBF are not accepted.
* You can only apply for IPSWaT once. If you apply via other universities as well this has to be marked on the application form. If this was not marked and it is noted later during the selection process, your application is excluded.
* If any document required for application is missing or the application form is not filled completely, your papers are automatically excluded from the evaluation process.
* If in consistencies/incorrect information is detected in your application during any time of the application proceedure this leads to the immediate exclusion.
Dipl.-Ing. Sarah Schreiner
21071 Hamburg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (40) 42878-2767, Fax: -2684